Author Topic: convince me 2 play thru System Shock: Enhanced Edition  (Read 136 times)

Offline Agrul

• Speed of Wolf
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
convince me 2 play thru System Shock: Enhanced Edition
« on: March 20, 2017, 02:12:29 PM »
do i want to play through this

im having trouble getting over how annoying clicking in a little mini dialogue box to change whether im looking up or down feels

convince me 2 play thru this tzt

have any of u played thru it
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:59:29 PM by Agrul »
Irony punctuation is any proposed form of notation used to denote irony or sarcasm in text. Written English lacks a standard way to mark irony, and several forms of punctuation have been proposed. Among the oldest and most frequently attested are the percontation point proposed by English printer Henry Denham in the 1580s, and the irony mark, used by Marcellin Jobard and French poet Alcanter de Brahm during the 19th century. Both marks take the form of a reversed question mark, "⸮".

Online Sear, Just Sear

• Neckbeard's Advocate
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
Re: convince me 2 play thru System Shock: Enhanced Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 03:15:28 PM »
yeah, 20 years ago

this is based on the original, right? The first System Shock was amazing when it came out, but I don't think it ages well. Some of the gameplay mechanics are archaic because it was released during the advent of FPS games.

I'd try System Shock 2 (HD version) if you can't get into it. That is still playable and one of the best games ever - better than the first one.

I think agrul and Jxands are probably right

Offline Agrul

• Speed of Wolf
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 03:17:06 PM »
i bought them both in a combo pack from Steam because i'd always wanted to play them

i was gonna start with SS2 because as you said it seems a lot more approachable from a modern standpoint, but my 'BUT U HAVE TO PLAY THEM IN ORDER' ocd wants me to play thru the original first
Irony punctuation is any proposed form of notation used to denote irony or sarcasm in text. Written English lacks a standard way to mark irony, and several forms of punctuation have been proposed. Among the oldest and most frequently attested are the percontation point proposed by English printer Henry Denham in the 1580s, and the irony mark, used by Marcellin Jobard and French poet Alcanter de Brahm during the 19th century. Both marks take the form of a reversed question mark, "⸮".

Offline Agrul

• Speed of Wolf
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 03:18:49 PM »
i am now leaning towards ur solution tho

i dont mind the original SS's dated graphics, but the user interface is god awful. i just keep trynig to swing my mouse around and look up and down and it makes me sad when i cant

Online Utumnoberry the Berry Big

• Head Badmin
  • Administrator
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 03:56:32 PM »
SS2 is great without playing ss

"Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it" - movie quote recently stolen from BigKB

“There is always an easy solution to every human problem — neat, plausible and wrong.” - H. L. Mencken

Offline Agrul

• Speed of Wolf
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 08:02:29 PM »
u guys r rlly bad at convincing me to play old videogames

i spent like 3,500 dollars to get this sweet new system & u guys r telling me not to play games from 1990 on it

u ppl r what's wrong w/ america

Online Sear, Just Sear

• Neckbeard's Advocate
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 10:02:49 PM »
buys $3,500 gaming rig

plays System Shock 1

I think agrul and Jxands are probably right

• Head Badmin
  • Administrator
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 10:48:28 PM »
 :2funny:

"Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it" - movie quote recently stolen from BigKB

“There is always an easy solution to every human problem — neat, plausible and wrong.” - H. L. Mencken

Offline Samassi

• Life's too short to not have sex with a Chinese albino
  • TZT abuser
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 08:43:26 AM »
If you don't play it you might have a chance that you'll go outside.

Offline Agrul

• Speed of Wolf
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 10:23:36 AM »
savage yet optimistic

Offline Globalberry the Medic

• I have to show ID to get into a PG-13 movie
  • TZT abuser
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 05:11:24 PM »
i couldn't force my way through ss1 when i tried to a couple of years ago, i'm waiting for the remake as it looks pretty faithful so far

I played through ss2 again with the HD textures/models pack (not at all necessary) while I in school and it was still fantastic

so basically i'm saying listen to sear for all life advice and do exactly what he says

• Head Badmin
  • Administrator
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 05:24:43 PM »
I played through ss2 again with the HD textures/models pack (not at all necessary) while I in school and it was still fantastic

so basically i'm saying listen to sear for all life advice and do exactly what he says

Offline Agrul

• Speed of Wolf
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 05:35:19 PM »
ss1 has a remake coming up independent of the 'enhanced edition' ss1?

dat ss2 upgraded textures/models pack sounds pretty slick imma get that

Offline Globalberry the Medic

• I have to show ID to get into a PG-13 movie
  • TZT abuser
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 05:45:47 PM »
ss1 has a remake coming up independent of the 'enhanced edition' ss1?

Systemshock.com