Author Topic: Anyone else watch RT?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Astitious

• Posting Against The Machine
  • TZT legend (seek help)
  • Existential Detective
    • MSN Messenger - astitious@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - astitious
    • View Profile
Anyone else watch RT?
« on: February 21, 2012, 04:28:30 PM »
Been a long time since I've seen honest coverage on a news program

RT: FBI Tries To Coax Muslim Into Bombing US Capitol (LOVE THIS WOMAN!)

Offline Ziakas Rubicante the Provider of Excellent Foodstuffs

• Internet Food Badass
  • TZT legend (seek help)
  • derp
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else watch RT?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:39:07 PM »
Not like they just walk up to people on the street and ask them "hey you wanna be a terrorist?" Terrorists have their own versions of TZT they all hang out on and make threads about killing infidels and whatnot, and the FBI is always looking for people to troll.
derp

Offline Havlen the Scribe

• Whored?
  • TZT abuser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 04:49:27 PM »
Not like they just walk up to people on the street and ask them "hey you wanna be a terrorist?" Terrorists have their own versions of TZT they all hang out on hang out on TZT and make threads about killing infidels and whatnot, and the FBI is always looking for people to troll.

Offline Razrinberry the Razor

• 2009 TZT Fantasy Football Champion
  • TZT addict
  • R.I.P Brian 8-16-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 04:56:40 PM »
Forgot how trustworthy Russian news agencies can be I am sure glad Putin let them run the story or we would never have known!

On a side note what fucking cave have you been hiding in? Its a known fact that this is common practice for the FBI.

Everything we know is wrong. If those of us raised on action movies have to fend off a Red Dawn-style invasion, it's going to be a total clusterfuck.

Offline Astitious

• TZT legend (seek help)
  • Existential Detective
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 05:06:19 PM »
Yeah it is a known tactic (to those paying attention) but most people aren't aware of the fact that almost every would-be terrorist arrested by the FBI was led to that point by the FBI.

Offline Taket the Grey

• tzt's dick
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 05:29:31 PM »
Not like they just walk up to people on the street and ask them "hey you wanna be a terrorist?" Terrorists have their own versions of TZT they all hang out on and make threads about killing infidels and whatnot, and the FBI is always looking for people to troll.

From - http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/04/AR2010120403720.html

Worshipers noticed that Monteilh often left his keys around the mosque, said Hussam Ayloush, executive director of the Los Angeles chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, who speaks often at the mosque.

"It seemed strange to people," Ayloush said.

Inside the car remote on the bundle of keys was a microphone that recorded Muslims at the mosque, in their homes and at a local gym. Monteilh, who told people he was a fitness trainer, used the gym to seek out Muslim men.

"We started hearing that he was saying weird things," said Omar Kurdi, a Loyola Law School student who knew Monteilh from the mosque and gym. "He would walk up to one of my friends and say, 'It's good that you guys are getting ready for the jihad.'€Š"

Worshipers said Monteilh gravitated to Ahmadullah Sais Niazi, an Afghan-born Arabic-language instructor who was a regular at Friday prayers. In May 2007, Monteilh said he recorded a conversation about jihad during a car ride with Nizia and another man. Monteilh said he suggested an operation to blow up buildings and Niazi agreed. An FBI agent later cited that and other taped conversations between the two in court as evidence that Niazi was a threat.

A few days later, Ayloush got an anguished phone call from Niazi and the other man in the car.

"They said Farouk (the FBI agent) had told them he had access to weapons and that they should blow up a mall,'' Ayloush recalled. "They were convinced this man was a terrorist."

Ayloush reported the FBI's own informant to the FBI.
He said agents interviewed Niazi, who gave them the same account, but the agency took no action against Monteilh.

~

• Internet Food Badass
  • TZT legend (seek help)
  • derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »
Yeah that one sounds like entrapment (or spectacularly failed entrapment attempt), but that's not the same case as the recently arrested dude is it? Most of them get picked up online.
derp

Offline Taket the Grey

• tzt's dick
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 05:43:42 PM »
Yeah that one sounds like entrapment (or spectacularly failed entrapment attempt), but that's not the same case as the recently arrested dude is it? Most of them get picked up online.

The guy who the informant claimed was planning an attack had all charges dropped, and I just find it exceedingly funny that he was one of the people whom reported the guy to the FBI. The mosque literally went as far as getting a restraining order against the guy because the FBI kept sending him in there after they reported him lolol. I don't know if it's the same thing as the recently arrested guy honestly, I was just using that example as proof that yes, the government literally does have people just go around asking if anyone wants to jihad something.

It's complete ineptitude such as that which makes me automatically dismiss virtually any government conspiracy theory which is more complex than a paint by numbers scheme.

~

Offline Astitious

• TZT legend (seek help)
  • Existential Detective
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 05:51:30 PM »
Much of the government is incompetent, but the government is influenced and infected by groups that are not. The incompetence of government only makes it easier for conspiracies (not harder). I think you are knocking down a straw man whenever you use this argument as no one thinks that the entire government, or an entire agency, is on any conspiracy.

Offline Taket the Grey

• tzt's dick
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 05:54:57 PM »
Much of the government is incompetent, but the government is influenced and infected by groups that are not. The incompetence of government only makes it easier for conspiracies (not harder). I think you are knocking down a straw man whenever you use this argument as no one thinks that the entire government, or an entire agency, is on any conspiracy.

Nah, you're just one of those idiots who lacks the internal consistency to realize that the government can't be 'fairly inept and run almost exclusively by imbeciles' and 'all knowing, all powerful' at the same time.

It's like the guy with the geocities website claiming the government DOESNT WANT THIS INFO OUT AND WILL DO ANYTHING TO STOP ITS DISSEMINATION despite the fact it's a google-search away.

~

Offline Astitious

• TZT legend (seek help)
  • Existential Detective
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 05:57:46 PM »
Always a pleasure interacting with you, taket.

Offline Taket the Grey

• tzt's dick
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 06:01:55 PM »
I mean, this isn't just based on this post alone, this is based on your entire posting history on tzt. That ability is astonishing, almost quitain-esque, in how well it allows you to remain completely unaware of the inconsistencies of your stances as opposed to the normal reaction to reevaluate your beliefs.

~

• Internet Food Badass
  • TZT legend (seek help)
  • derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 06:08:51 PM »
I think most people in the government (higher levels at least, not the clerical workers at the BMV) are generally competent, but there will always be idiots in an organization.
derp

Offline Taket the Grey

• tzt's dick
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 06:11:26 PM »
Obviously some of my post is hyperbole, but I feel it's completely unrealistic and downright ignorant to believe some of the more far-fetched conspiracy theories (moon landing, 9/11, etc).

~

Offline Kinitlikkikkick

• What Makes a Kilinitic
  • TZT legend (seek help)
  • 6,000 feet beyond man and time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 06:14:10 PM »
When I was little our phone was tapped by the FBI. If you picked up the phone at any given time you'd hear:

conversations that were previously recorded (like, recordings of my family having conversations)
or a recording that said "This is a FBI recording...blahblahblah"

The government is stupid.

Growing up I had the bomb squad come to my house 8 fucking times.
8 times.
They never found anything, but they always came back. (also note: everytime they would come and not find anything they'd give me and my siblings coupons for free slurpees at 711 lol)

When I was younger the police attempted to charge my brother with homeland terrorism once when he was about 18~.

They came into his house (w/ a warrant LOL) and stole his wallet, pirate flag, persian flag, and his boyscout manual that he had from...being a boyscout.... and attempted to use it as evidence to convict him of homeland terrorism.

The government is really stupid.

Remember that kid who found the FBI tracking device on his car and the FBI ran in and confiscated it (lololol)?
Really stupid.

It is most likely that there are tons of idiots in the FBI running around wasting tons of money and fancy tech trying to prove that every moooslem they've ever seen is a dirty terrorist under the right circumstnaces.

It is most likely that there are tons of people in the FBI who are intelligent, industrious, critical thinkers out 2 serve and protect.

It is most likely that there are some organizations that try and influence government and do things that are shady and sound like "conspiracy theories"(not trying 2 suggest 911 was done by white ppl, everyone knows it was the jews)

It is most likely that said organizations find both intelligent and stupid people in government to try to put their agenda into effect.

all that being said, it would be stupid to suggest people/organizations dont misuse the government for their own purposes. It is also pretty fucking impossible that ALL government workers are part of some massive conspiracy. People could organize something far reaching, but when people suggest absurd logistically-horrifying things like "modern day scientific theory is a manufactured lie by evil corporations to ?????" it is pathetic.

Quote from: AgelessDrifter
It's hard to quantify exactly what makes Kilinitic Kilinitic, but it's definitely there.
Quote from: Mercurien
Quote from: Sanlaven
If it's a Kilinitic post I fucking READ it.

Offline Taket the Grey

• tzt's dick
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 06:15:41 PM »
that's just what someone going into the sciences would claim

~

Offline Kinitlikkikkick

• What Makes a Kilinitic
  • TZT legend (seek help)
  • 6,000 feet beyond man and time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 06:16:33 PM »
jesus taket you post so fast
Quote from: AgelessDrifter
It's hard to quantify exactly what makes Kilinitic Kilinitic, but it's definitely there.
Quote from: Mercurien
Quote from: Sanlaven
If it's a Kilinitic post I fucking READ it.

Offline Harper, Just Harper

• Hillary's Nutcup
  • TZT addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 06:16:49 PM »
Is this topic serious?

Russian freedom of the press is ranked one of the lowest of the world, and Russia Today is a government-funded paper that toes whatever line is in the Russian government's best interest, which is often discrediting the American government.  They are not much different than the Egyptian State Media.

I mean, yes, this particular story is known to be true. But are you really championing the Russian press just because they like to criticize the same government that you do?

Offline Astitious

• TZT legend (seek help)
  • Existential Detective
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 06:20:08 PM »
Some theories are bullshit and some have merit, but as long as the government is as secretive as it is, we can never know for sure, which is why I almost never waste time on theories. I like to point out the facts (like the fact that the FBI is out there trying to talk people into attacking us, just so they can bust them and make the war on terror seem important). It is no secret that I hate the government, but I am not paranoid or overly concerned about anything. I am just sick of being ruled by fucktards who operate in secret and use our media and government to mislead us into debt and war.

Offline Astitious

• TZT legend (seek help)
  • Existential Detective
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 06:22:17 PM »
Is this topic serious?

Russian freedom of the press is ranked one of the lowest of the world, and Russia Today is a government-funded paper that toes whatever line is in the Russian government's best interest, which is often discrediting the American government.  They are not much different than the Egyptian State Media.

I mean, yes, this particular story is known to be true. But are you really championing the Russian press just because they like to criticize the same government that you do?
I like the RT station that broadcasts in the US. They don't frame topics like FOX and MSNBC, and they often point out the hypocrisy in US policy. I don't know what to think of their operations in other countries, as I only have other media outlets to use as reference.

Obviously Russia is at odds with the US in the war on terror (because we are using it to capture resources) but I am glad they have the voices they do.

Offline Taket the Grey

• tzt's dick
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 06:24:19 PM »
I think you just like hating the US government, and you like any sources which do just that.

~

Offline Harper, Just Harper

• Hillary's Nutcup
  • TZT addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 06:25:23 PM »
At least read Al Jazeera if you want a news source that heavily criticizes American security policies. Al Jazeera is not government funded and actually make an attempt to objectively report the news. Government-funded media is inherently NOT "honest coverage."

• Internet Food Badass
  • TZT legend (seek help)
  • derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 06:27:22 PM »
Russia actually is allied with the US in the "War on Terror" in a general sense, as they fight terrorists in the Muslim Caucuses territories they control. Moscow actually gets attacked by suicide bombers semi-regularly. The big difference is in geopolitical strategy, with most of Russia's close allies being pariah states like Iran, Cuba, Venezuela, and North Korea.

I do like Al Jazeera, at least the English version. The straight news part is good, but some of the editorial people are whackjob Western Marixst academics.
derp

Offline Astitious

• TZT legend (seek help)
  • Existential Detective
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 06:32:26 PM »
At least read Al Jazeera if you want a news source that heavily criticizes American security policies. Al Jazeera is not government funded and actually make an attempt to objectively report the news. Government-funded media is inherently NOT "honest coverage."
Yeah they are good too, but RT does domestic stories. I also like that they have Thom Hartmann and Adam Kokesh.

Offline Skars the Everposting

• SHAMLOCK THE WISE
  • TZT legend (seek help)
  • I never troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 06:35:12 PM »
I like asti but pls remember he is unironically a Ron Paul fan. No Im not joking. He seriously likes Dr Ronald Ernest Paul M.D.

Offline Taket the Grey

• tzt's dick
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 06:36:14 PM »
 is his middle name really ernest?

~

• SHAMLOCK THE WISE
  • TZT legend (seek help)
  • I never troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 06:36:48 PM »
pretty sure it is

Offline Astitious

• TZT legend (seek help)
  • Existential Detective
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 06:37:08 PM »
I saw Ron Paul last week when he visited Seattle. There were about 3,000 people there to see him. Place was crowded. It was cool yelling anti-war slogans at a Republican rally.

• SHAMLOCK THE WISE
  • TZT legend (seek help)
  • I never troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 06:37:50 PM »
proving my point about america being a bad country

Offline Taket the Grey

• tzt's dick
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 06:39:08 PM »
I saw Ron Paul last week when he visited Seattle. There were about 3,000 people there to see him. Place was crowded.

From - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_%28book%29

The book has sold over 21 million copies

~