Author Topic: IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON  (Read 331 times)

Offline xanontz

• always just background noise
  • TZT abuser
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nonaxclaytz
    • View Profile
IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON
« on: June 12, 2016, 08:44:03 AM »
Playing regular paid subscription everquest.
figured why not, been playing last month or so, life isn't going anywhere, might as well do one of the only things i've done for more than a few months and still enjoyed.

They've definitely phoned in the new shit. Like squeezing as much as they can out of the dwindling income. The latest one consists of 3 new zones and one that is just a copy of one of those zones (semi-interesting lore of it being a demiplane with a life and death side) Then 3 "revamped" zones. Plane of Hate, Fear, and Crypt of Decay outta PoP.
It's actually neat and can't complain about them still keeping things going for 17+ years. And for the sake of nostalgia that will only last a few months anyways it's fun to back to old zones.

The free to play model is a little better, i was playing a bit when they launched it and it was just silly bad. But now, you can work around it some IF you pay some decent money up front to unlock some stuff.

Anyways, slaying some dragons all day today.

Offline Agrul

• Speed of Wolf
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • AOL Instant Messenger - RabidAltruism
    • View Profile
Re: IT'S TIME TO SLAY THE DRAGON
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 10:06:57 AM »
red's favorite game !!

u should invite him 2 play w/ u
Irony punctuation is any proposed form of notation used to denote irony or sarcasm in text. Written English lacks a standard way to mark irony, and several forms of punctuation have been proposed. Among the oldest and most frequently attested are the percontation point proposed by English printer Henry Denham in the 1580s, and the irony mark, used by Marcellin Jobard and French poet Alcanter de Brahm during the 19th century. Both marks take the form of a reversed question mark, "⸮".

Offline xanontz

• TZT abuser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 12:38:39 PM »
didnt think anyone else was as silly as me and still touched official EQ.

the inflation obviously so insane and makes it fun to slaughter older stuff. Like 2hand weapons are 350+ damage now heh.

On Drinal, toon's name is Chestt

Offline Sear, Just Sear

• Neckbeard's Advocate
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 03:01:41 PM »
will add this to my anti-bucket list of things I hope to never do before I die

Offline kilinickic

• How is Kili Formed?
  • TZT legend (seek help)
  • 6,000 feet beyond man and time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 05:31:38 PM »
Logged on 2 r99 for first time in forever yesterday.
Quote from: AgelessDrifter
It's hard to quantify exactly what makes Kilinitic Kilinitic, but it's definitely there.
Quote from: Mercurien
Quote from: Sanlaven
If it's a Kilinitic post I fucking READ it.

Offline xanontz

• TZT abuser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 06:56:46 PM »
will add this to my anti-bucket list of things I hope to never do before I die

Never say never.

Offline Qubhed

• Gun Kata dancer
  • TZT abuser
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Qubhedz0r
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 07:37:11 PM »
Shouldn't it be "Never say never except when you're clarifying when to say never"?

Theorizing that one could jet pack within his own internet, Dr. Qubhed led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top-secret project known as Tallon Zek Times. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Dr. Qubhed prematurely stepped into the project accelerator, and vanished.

He awoke to find himself in an old post, suffering from partial lurkdom and facing a mirror username that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own message board was maintained through private mail transmissions with Al, the project observer, who appears in the form of a instant message, that only Dr. Qubhed can see and read. Trapped in the posts, Dr. Qubhed finds himself leaping from thread to thread, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that his next reply will be the link to his homepage.

Offline xanontz

• TZT abuser
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 07:57:03 PM »
uh, no  :idiot2:

Offline Agrul

• Speed of Wolf
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 08:28:57 PM »
i always agree w/ qub except when i disagree w/ xanon and xanon is wrong
Irony punctuation is any proposed form of notation used to denote irony or sarcasm in text. Written English lacks a standard way to mark irony, and several forms of punctuation have been proposed. Among the oldest and most frequently attested are the percontation point proposed by English printer Henry Denham in the 1580s, and the irony mark, used by Marcellin Jobard and French poet Alcanter de Brahm during the 19th century. Both marks take the form of a reversed question mark, "⸮".

Offline xanontz

• TZT abuser
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 08:56:55 PM »
kiss my black ass
then download and log into EQ
I can power you up to level 100 in like a week of fucking around.

Offline Agrul

• Speed of Wolf
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 09:04:23 PM »
nahhh

i did that like 5 summers ago and i imagine i'll do it again at some point, the nostalgia kick was fun

but that day is not this day

Offline xanontz

• TZT abuser
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 10:24:50 PM »
Agrul... it's time

Offline wamorm

• TZT veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 10:40:48 PM »
I actually redownloaded yesterday and resubbed today too. Have a 100 sk on FV with just shy of 90k hp with merc buffs.

Mainly, I resubbed to check out Phinigel server. A rl friend and I are gonna take a run at it if anyone wants to join.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Offline Redberry the Vicious

• Beans counter
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 03:00:47 AM »
red's favorite game !!

u should invite him 2 play w/ u

Phinny was fun for like two weeks and then it became a chore like always. The neckbeard collective is calling for a pvp server but the more I think about it the less fun it becomes

Offline xanontz

• TZT abuser
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 09:01:38 PM »
pvp has not been an option for a long time on eq live. unfortunately they've stopped monitoring the server (all the pvp servers have been merged into just one general pvp server, and have only given minor afterthought to how the classes have grown with each expansion as they pertain to pvp and what to do to balance stuff like manaburns that hit regularly for over a million and SKs multiple harm touches that each do 500k damage.

So for the last 10 years it's just been a giant shit show where the winner in pvp is just who ever got the jump on the other guy, no balance or skill =/. And what remains on zek is a population that would make a call of duty 13yr old and younger group seem mature.

Offline Sear, Just Sear

• Neckbeard's Advocate
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2016, 10:14:26 PM »
Sounds even worse than WoW in 2016.

MMORPGs should be given the Old Yeller treatment after they reach 10 years of age. Maybe five.

At least, until developers start designing them to last that long rather than inflating them with increasingly shitty expansion packs.

Offline Tyrannosaurs Lux

• 2012 Fantasy Football Winner Despite Not Even Playing LOL Ziakas
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
    • teh-lux
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2016, 04:31:47 AM »

At least, until developers start designing them to last that long rather than inflating them with increasingly shitty expansion packs.

How would you do that?
<---- Luxberry OUT! :pimp:

\\\"It is said that on a full moon he can fly, and that his tears are a powerful molecular acid."\\\
\\\"People give me daps and hugs so it must be love."  - Ma$e\\\
\\\"I look at the man in the mirror and say that's what's up."  - Soulja Boy\\\

Offline Redberry the Vicious

• Beans counter
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2016, 06:45:58 AM »

How would you do that?

Thats my thought on it. Get in while its good and then quit when everything just gets retarded

Offline Luthe

• So if you've a date in Constantinople She'll be waiting in Istanbul
  • TZT abuser
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2016, 09:48:10 AM »
Full immersion ITT

Offline Sear, Just Sear

• Neckbeard's Advocate
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2016, 05:42:43 PM »

How would you do that?

The simplest method I can think of (i.e., wouldn't require procedural content or Molyneux pipe dreams of evolving worlds) could be lifted straight from our favorite card game: Hearthstone Magic.

You can't play EQ now because it's fucking garbage, but you can go back to the latest set of Magic even after a 10 year hiatus.

They use sets (or seasons or whatever you want to call it) so you start fresh every cycle. Imagine if EQ did this with expansions instead of just adding more fat and landmass. The base/vanilla world is static and permanent, but there's always one active expansion that lasts for about a year. After that, it's gone. The next expansion cycles in, the old one goes out. You keep your items, which would throw a bone to hardcore players and allow for extremely rare items to exist in the economy. Character exp/level resets to zero rather than adding +10 [slow as fuck] levels on top of the old cap, since that has always been shit game design. Nothing gets inflated and people keep playing. You can drop in casual and still get up to speed. The game world is always small enough to support a healthy concurrent population.

Offline kilinickic

• How is Kili Formed?
  • TZT legend (seek help)
  • 6,000 feet beyond man and time
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2016, 08:50:25 PM »
i think there should be some level of item/whatever inflation in games
Quote from: AgelessDrifter
It's hard to quantify exactly what makes Kilinitic Kilinitic, but it's definitely there.
Quote from: Mercurien
Quote from: Sanlaven
If it's a Kilinitic post I fucking READ it.

Offline Skars the Everposting

• SHAMLOCK THE WISE
  • TZT legend (seek help)
  • I never troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2016, 10:48:11 PM »
skills not levels can work too

e.g. do what EVE does and grow out rather than up? can also use gear destruction (as if) permadeath (lol)

im not 100% against inflation but i think it causes a lot of problems.

Offline Agrul

• Speed of Wolf
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2016, 11:10:41 PM »
i think there should be both games that work off numeric inflation and those that play more like an exponentially complicated game of chess

the shittiest of both worlds, i always say