Author Topic: I feel like Dirty Mike whenever I try to solicit TZTers to play Everquest again  (Read 653 times)

Offline Korsberry the Marked

• A true TZT Hero
  • TZT addict
    • View Profile
    • Email
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ragefire-beta-is-live-preview-the-new-progression-server.220154/

New Time locked progression server beta is live.  Server should go live in June.  Classic for 6 months, Kunark for 6 then Velious for 6.  Think after that its 3 months per expansion.  No pvp though but they do up the exp from classic times but less than it is now.  Also Daybreak (company who bought EQ) came out and said P99 is cool with them which is nice

Offline Aro the G

• Aro
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
I feel the draw but now is no time for me to get drawn back in.

Kurt and Fendiil both still in pretty good shape too, and Moda was getting there.

Online Sear, Just Sear

• Neckbeard's Advocate
  • TZT legend (seek help)
    • View Profile
The official progression servers are garbage as far as I can tell, especially compared to P1999.

They're not very close to being classic and have a bunch of newer features frankensteined in (like the freemium "marketplace") because they don't have the resources to spend the time actually creating a server that mimics the older eras. For example they're keeping monk fist damage and spell levels the same way they are on live in 2015. The dev reasoning being that it's a pain in the ass to change the code. In other words: not enough time or money.

I'm not intending to disparage Daybreak in stating this, but it's the truth. P1999 leapfrogged the official developers of the game some time ago.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 06:54:47 AM by Sear, Just Sear »

Offline Korsberry the Marked

• A true TZT Hero
  • TZT addict
    • View Profile
    • Email
I agree its not the same as classic and p99 is much closer to it.  Not changing monk damage or mage pet damage is lame but lets be honest classic exp rates are lame so each has their benefits.   You can also kill raid bosses with far fewer people in the TLP.  The upside though is that there will be much more people playing so the grouping aspect of EQ (its best feature) will  get to be used.  Also I am looking forward to doing the Expansions after PoP I never did.

Offline Skars the Everposting

• SHAMLOCK THE WISE
  • TZT legend (seek help)
  • I never troll
    • View Profile
its pointless playing "official" emus. They dont even make it nearly authentic and because theres 10x the people (while improving the social side) you realise EQ wasnt designed around having 500 people in every zone.